This look, it's not really me. The glossy lids, the choker... they're not my style, but I figured a Monday morning was as good a time as any to try something new and adventurous.
This look consists entirely of rms beauty products, from the foundation to the mascara. I think when I lot of people think of "green" beauty they imagine a blonde girl wearing a paisley dress wearing her moms old gladiator sandals or some cowboy boots holding a dandelion walking through the grass underneath a tree. Maybe she's brought a weathered book and and a fruit and nut bar to keep her company as she spends her afternoon outdoors... Or at least thats what I used to imagine.
I wanted to show that green beauty is more than that and can be used to create any kind of look you can imagine. Today I'm pairing a grungy glossy sooty lid with bare lips and effortlessly highlighted and contoured cheeks. This look uses 100% green beauty products and doesn't use a single brush.
"Un" Cover-Up in Shade 55, $36. My favorite green beauty product of all time. It's a damn shame it doesn't come in deeper colors at the moment - everyone should be able to wear this.
Eye Polish in Karma, $28. This product is sooo legit for the grungy creasy glossy smoky eye look I was going for. It has some luminosity to it, so it's more interesting than a flat black.
Volumizing Mascara, $28. The first eco-beauty mascara I purchased, this gives me natural, defined lashes. I'm used to more volume, but I still get compliments when I wear this out.
Contour Bronze, $28. In the pot and on swatches this has noticeable golden shimmer. On the face the shimmer goes unnoticed and the product provides a very natural looking contour for my skin tone.
Magic Luminizer, $38. I have a love/hate relationship with this product. First, the price is over the top. Second, it looks best after melting into the skin for a few hours, so I don't get that instant excitement when I am applying it to the face.
- Apply "Un" Cover-Up to face and blend in with fingers.
- Sculpt the face by applying Contour Bronze along the cheekbones, forehead, and nose and jaw if you're into that.
- Highlight with Magic Luminizer on the tops of the cheeks, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow.
- Smudge a little bit of the Volumizing Mascara along the lash line to create a dark base.
- Apply Contour Bronze to the lids and blend into the crease for a bronzy glossy eye.
- Use a little mascara to thicken and define the lashes.
- If you want to go bold, throw on some black glossy cream shadow, like the Eye Polish in Karma.