This week I’ll be leaving for a two week trip to three different cities. I’ll be going up to New England, then heading to Miami, and then to Mexico City. Since I’ll be gone for so long, and since the early March climates of my destinations are so vastly different, I’ll be bringing a ton of options when it comes to makeup, skin care, and hygiene products.
I was inspired to write this post when I came across this holographic travel bag from Sephora. It was pricey, but it came to me at a point where I was getting tired of my current solution. I used to just stuff my things into various flimsy makeup bags that I had received as samples or gifts with purchases. This bag has two compartments and the lid holds up to seven makeup brushes (or tweezers, as pictured below). I was actually able to fit all of my skin care, hygiene, and makeup products in this bag. When you see what I’m bringing below, it’ll look like a lot… because it is. But keep in mind that the majority of it is travel sized.
I won’t be including my haircare because it’s not vastly different than my regular routine, on which I will be doing a post. Also, in addition to the products shown below, I’ll be bringing cotton rounds and Q-tips and bagging/padding the more fragile items.
Skincare, Body, Hygiene, and Tools
The Aveeno sunscreen and Schick razor are not cruelty-free, but they’re what I have and I personally don’t think it makes sense to simply throw these item’s away. Once they’re used up, I’ll look for some alternatives.
- Pacifica Cleansing Wipes. To remove makeup at the end of the day.
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner. Gentle and inexpensive.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment. Day treatment for brightening.
- Honest Beauty Gel Cleanser. Natural gel cleanser.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil. Retinoid treatment for anti-aging and acne.
- Cover FX Clear Cover Sunscreen. Chemical SPF that doubles as a primer.
- Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47. Physical SPF that I’m trying to use up.
- Farmacy Brightening Mask. I love using sheet masks when traveling.
- Farmacy Eye Dew. Moisturizing eye cream.
- Lush Cup O’ Coffee Mask. Exfoliating and hydrating, it’s been depotted.
- Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Mask. Hydrating mask, great for the plane.
- Sunday Riley Tidal Moisturizer. Basic moisturizer.
- Tom’s Fresh Mint Toothpaste. Self-explanatory.
- Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter. Great smell, deeply moisturizing.
- Lavanila Healthy Deodorant. Travel sized so I can test it out.
- Aveeno Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30.
- Schick Hydro Silk razor and refill.
- Real Techniques Blush Blush. Will use this to powder my face.
- Real Techniques Sculpting brush. Will use this for my cream bronzer.
- Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush. Great for applying concealer.
- Real Techniques Base Shadow brush. Applies shadow to the lid but can also blend.
- Real Techniques Shading brush. Small and great for details.
- Real Techniques Brow Brush. For smudging liner.
- Beauty Blender. The original love of my life.
- Dr. Bronner’s Soap. Doubles as a face wash and brush cleanser.
- Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler. Because I’m not bringing any false lashes with me.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tweezers. The best tweezers I’ve ever had in my life.
- Honest Beauty Everything Primer. Has a luminous finish and great staying power.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. My workhorse concealer.
- Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint. Great for no makeup days.
- RMS Uncoverup. Multipurpose organic complexion product that I can’t live without.
- Vapour Beauty Courtesan blush stick. Can be used on both cheeks and lips.
- Glossier Haloscope Highlighter in Topaz. Gorgeous with makeup or without.
- Chantecaille Radiance Gel Bronzer. Applies beautifully with a brush or fingers. See this in action in this post.
- W3ll People Realist Invisible Setting Powder. So excited they carry this line at Whole Foods now.
- NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura. For the perfect smokey eye.
- Chantecaille Mermaid Eye Color in Copper. You can learn more about it in this post.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I love this travel size packaging. It lasts forever.
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Black. I use this in my natural brown routine in this post.
- Glossier Boy Brow in Black. My holy grail brow product. I use it in my natural brown routine in this post.
- Vapour Beauty Mesmerize Eyeliner in Truffle. The perfect brown liner, and it’s 70% organic.
- Tarte Tarteist Double Take Eyeliner in Black. A pencil on one end, a liquid liner on the other.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. A perfect volumizing vegan mascara. See it in action in this post.
- Glossier Flavored Balm Dotcom in Cherry. Adds some tint, but also doubles up as an overnight lip balm.
- Milk Makeup Lipstick in Wifey. A dusty pink shade that feels great on the lips.
- Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Stoned Rose. The best lipstick I own. See it in action in this post.
- Glossier Generation G in Zip. A unique formula that applies sheer, matte color.
- OCC Lip Tar in Lydia. Creamy plum that I’m trying to get more use out of.